apr-dev mailing list archives

From "David reid" <da...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: 1.0.0.rc2 tarballs now ready...
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2004 19:06:58 GMT
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 05:00:52PM +0100, David Reid wrote:
>> So, I fixed the incorrect tag and rerolled. The revised tarballs
>> (correctly
>> named to keep Joe happy this time) are being uploaded into the usual
>> place,
>> http://www.apache.org/~dreid/ as I write this.
>>
>> I'll delete the old tarballs to avoid confusion.
>>
>> Now, just to be clear, I believe that there's a -1 hanging over the
>> release
>> (from Will Rowe) until we have versioning on the apr(apu)-config file,
>> so
>> hopefully someone will fix that and then an rc3 will be required to
>> ensure
>> that everyone is happy. Given there will be an rc3 can people look at
>> the
>> libtool patch and see if it's worthwhile incorporating? The poster said
>> that
>> it would help out a using project which IMHO makes it worth a look.
>>
>> So, maybe an RC3 on Friday but if people could test this revised rc2 and
>> let
>> me know. I'm seeing a single failure on FreeBSD (teststr.c line 134) but
>> am
>> already running a bit late!
>
> The apr_snprintf change is missing from the tarball, but its test is
> not:
>
> Fix apr_snprintf() to respect precision for small floating point
> numbers.
> PR:           29621
> Submitted by: Artur Zaprzala <zybi talex.pl>
> Reviewed by:  Jeff Trawick

Harrumph. I actually went through my tagging to ensure that fix had made
it in! I even checked to make sure I had the correct revision number to
tag. Guess brain to hand communication wasn't working at that moment!

Oh well, RC3 will pick this up.

As long as the (potential) veto has had a fix committed I'll re-roll on
Friday when I get home (around 4pm UK time).

david