apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: apr-util RPM - I'm stuck
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:46:07 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:

> And then I reverted them, since they broke VPATH builds with in-tree
> apr/apr-util.  apr-util needs to find both apr_rules.mk and the awk
> scripts, for the in-tree build, the former lies in a VPATH build
> directory, the latter in the VPATH source directory; `apr-config
> --installbuilddir` can't point to both.

Is the correct fix then to move the awk scripts from the source
directory to the build directory? (When I looked last night the awk
scripts seemed to live in apr/build already, unless you're referring to
other scripts)

It seems cleanest to me that apr-util should look in a single directory
for all artifacts it needs from the apr build.

> I remember now why a two-line apr-config patch in the RPM was the
> simplest solution...

It's not very elegant though. :(

With each release you'll probably find that changes to the build process
will need to be synchronised with changes to the hoops the spec file has
to jump through to make things build, which will create a headache for
people six months from now.

Regards,
Graham