apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: 1.0.rc1 tarballs
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 11:57:46 GMT
David Reid wrote:
> Well, while my original plan was to tag last night, then roll today, the
> offer of beer was made last night so the roll didn't happen :-)
>
> However, there are now 2 tarballs available at http://cvs.apache.org/~dreid/
> which I rolled in the last 30 minutes. They represent the initial offering
> for apr 1.0 :-) I've not pgp's them as these are only rc's and I had a few
> questions about the way I rolled them (read on for details). The next ones
> will be signed.
>
> I'll do apr-util shortly.
>
> NB NB NB these are designed to effectively "freeze" the api,

"freeze" the api from incompatible changes, or "freeze" the api totally until
1.0 is released?

(I need to add a new cmdtype for apr_proc_create() to fix an Apache httpd bug.
  Should I wait or not?)

> I don't plan on announcing this tarball widely unless by early next week
> nothing has been committed and no-one has told me how to roll a proper
> tarball :-)

what's the current plan?  gonna roll another one soonish which uses the roll
script and integrates Joe's comments?