apr-dev mailing list archives

From "David reid" <da...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: documented 1.0 showstoppers
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 15:29:06 GMT
> On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 06:16:06PM -0700, Greg Stein wrote:
>> Because it has been empirically proven that "wait for X" does not work.
>> Without a change in point-of-view, we'll never get it released. Thus,
>> the
>> "just ship the frickin' thing" is a way to break out of the deadlock.
>
> ++1.  1.0 should not be held hostage because it's not perfect.  -- justin

Thankfully we're not in that position (are my emails really that obscure
and difficult to read???).

By the 16th if it ain't been changed, it ain't gonna be. I've never
advocated, nor intended to do so, delaying the timetable I outlined. What
I did try (and possibly fail badly judging by various emails) was to
suggest that as an issue had been raised rather then simply dismiss it out
of hand we review it within the timetable. If that's not a reasonable
position to adopt then I'm not sure what is...

The APi we have on eth 16th will be the API we release as APR 1.0. If
that's identical to todays or differs I don't really care! What I care
about is that we try to ensure we have reviewed all "issues" prior to the
16th and made a decision (and acted on it if we need to change anything)
about 1.0 vs a future release.

david