apr-dev mailing list archives

From "David reid" <da...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: APR-Util Test Suite
Date Sat, 05 Jun 2004 15:56:21 GMT
> Hello,
> 	I know the main APR Test Suite has largely been rewritten. I would like
> to add more tests for APR-Util's URI functions (because I *know* they
> fail in some cases), but I don't want to waste time on this if they will

Cool. Good idea.

> be discarded once APR-Util's Test suite is updated.

Well, if you look at how the change was done with apr, the existing tests
were moved over and that should be the intention when the apr-util test
suite is upgraded.

> Is it possible to make test framework changes in APR-Util?

I think we should be using a single framework in both apr and apr-util, so
yes.

> If at least initial framework gets done, I can make tests that are
> useful.  I can start doing it myself, but I believe there are other
> people (Ryan Bloom maybe?) who know the newer framework and would be the
> best person to get it started in APR-Util.

If you have the time then converting the test suite would be great. Joe
orton has been doing a bit of work on the suite in apr, but Ryan's wife
has just delivered an addition to his family so he'll be less than active
for a while I suspect. If you want to wait and just write tests for the
current test suite then do that.

The fact that you want to write the tests is good :-)

david