apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] cgi_exec_info_t: detached & addrspace fields combined
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2004 20:32:24 GMT
On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 10:08:34AM -0600, Brad Nicholes wrote:
>    Joe is correct.  The interface that we have now in APR HEAD is
> sufficient to solve the problem.  If we released APR 1.0 now the same
> solution would exist in APR 1.0 and 1.1.  The real issue is what to do
> about APR 0.9 since it will continue to live as long as applications
> like httpd 2.0 is dependent on it.  The way I see it we have a few
> options.
> 2. Backport the apr_procattr_addrspace_set() interface currently in APR
> HEAD and make a call on wheither or not it deserves an MMN bump.

These two are not related.  Interfaces added to the APR 0.9 branch must
conform to the APR versioning rules (i.e. don't make backwards
incompatible changes on the 0.9 branch): so there is no issue with
adding apr_procattr_addrspace_set() to the 0.9 branch.

Whether or not the httpd MMN needs bumping depends entirely on the
changes you make to *httpd*, not APR.

joe