apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util/include apr_buckets.h
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:34:51 GMT
On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 03:31:57PM -0500, William Rowe wrote:
> BLECK!
>
> Ok this is my 'fault'.  Please note that EXACTLY this proposed code exists
> and is used in the ssl core filter of httpd.
>
> Before you go blasting to smithereens, could we please discuss the merits
> of this approach?  It's clear that every brigade application at some point
> will FINALLY consume the brigade, and apr-util aught to be the standard
> of how this is done, not each and every arbitrary application.

No comment on usefulness of theoretical apr_brigade_consume itself, but
adding random crap to headers is not the way to track such issues,
exactly because you'll forget all about it for three years and nobody
else will notice it either.  Either add a note to STATUS or file an RFE
in bugzilla if you think this is useful and don't want to forget about
it.

joe