apr-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Misch <n...@cs.caltech.edu>
Subject Re: Deactivation of mmap AND shm
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 18:11:17 GMT
On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 02:26:20PM +0200, js712688@mail.inf.tu-dresden.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need apr for compiling subversion (client) on my Atari TT under FreeMint.

Wow.

> The problem is, FreeMint does not support mmap and shm, so ./configure
> of apr fails.

It fails at, what, "namebased memory allocation method"?

Can you send config.log and the output of ./configure? (gzip'ed if convenient)

> How can I deactivate mmap and shm in apr?? For subversion client
> both are not necessary.

I don't think such a facility exists at present.  You want configure to happily
find no mmap or shm and make all the relavent functions to return APR_ENOTIMPL.
shmem/unix/shm.c seems ready for this already, but you may need to make a stub
version of mmap/unix/mmap.c.  Then modify configure.in to not die when it fails
to find the relavant stuff (or at least add an option, --without-shm, to tell it
not to die in that circumstance).