apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Proc mutex re-org
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:33:20 GMT
On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 08:49:24AM -0400, rbb@rkbloom.net wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Joe Orton wrote:
> > So to be clear, the answer to Justin's question is that your patch
> > *doesn't* deal with this, and that APR_LOCK_PROC_CREATE_DEFAULT will be
> > ENOTIMPL on e.g. Solaris and HP-UX?
> If we don't want platforms using posix semaphores by default, then yes,
> which is exceedingly ugly, and can be fixed easily in 1.1 by not deleting
> the file as soon as it is created, and instead opening the file and
> deleting it in a pool cleanup.

POSIX semaphores are used as "anonymous" locks in APR too, I don't see
how that makes a difference?  They could be used as "named" by passing
sem_open a hash of the filename or something (to stick within the length
limit), I suppose.

It looks like this could also be fixed in 1.1 using Justin's _join
method, so I guess I'm -0 on changing anything before 1.0, if the plan
remains to get 1.0 out sooner rather than later.

View raw message