apr-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitri Tikhonov <dmi...@netilla.com>
Subject Re: Case-sensitive months in apr_date_parse_rfc
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 08:02:17 GMT
On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 09:51:50AM +0200, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> --On Sunday, June 13, 2004 6:07 PM +0100 David Reid <david@jetnet.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
> >Does anyone think this should need an api change?
>
> Not I.
>
> >My gut feeling is that this is an implementation detail and so no api
> >change
> >is needed.

Depends on what you mean by API.  In the sense of function parameter
list, API change is indeed not needed.  However, changing how the
function parses dates may break things that depend on dates with
lower-case months _not parsing_, although it's unlikely someone would
use the function that way.

  - Dmitri.