apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <...@manyfish.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/test testsock.c
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 08:45:47 GMT
On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 08:46:15AM -0400, rbb@rkbloom.net wrote:

> On 2 Jun 2004 jorton@apache.org wrote:
>
> > jorton      2004/06/02 01:27:43
> >
> >   Modified:    test     testsock.c
> >   Log:
> >   * test/testsock.c (setup_socket): Return NULL if bind fails, fixing
> >   test suite hang if port 8021 is in use; all callers updated. (come
> >   back longjmp, all is forgiven).
>
> No, you were right the first time with regard to longjmp.  The trade-off
> is that while using longjmp makes it easier to ignore the failure case, it
> also means you _can't_ cleanup after yourself in the case of an error.

I was half joking: removing the longjmp was a good long term goal, but
doing so *without* rewriting the test suite to take account of it just
means the test suite is now totally unreliable, it's hanging/segfaulting
in places where it wasn't before, which is quite frustrating.

All the _NOT_IMPL calls need to checked to see whether they need to have
a "return" too, for instance.

joe