apr-dev mailing list archives

From "David reid" <da...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: documented 1.0 showstoppers
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 15:32:35 GMT
> On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Paul Querna wrote:
>
>> Another Place to Look is Bugzilla:
>> http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=&product=APR&keywords=PatchAvailable
>>
>> I currently see 17 bugs with PatchAvailable for APR. Surely these should
>> be considered out before any 1.0 release is made.
>
> Exactly.  Those include serious bugs, and proven patches.
>
> We are now using a forked APR just to deal with bugs 28450 (a
> showstopper) and 28453 (enhancement).  I can't speak for other
> bugs on that list, but it seems entirely possible others may have
> been forced to fork for similar reasons.  Doesn't this negate
> much of the point of having a supposedly-standard package
> in the first place?

I'm sorry you're in that position. I did say in an earlier email that if
you have patches you think we've overlooked to remind us (in a gentle
non-aggressive way devoid of injuries and blood preferrably). Thanks for
doing that. If no-one else has a look by the time I have a network
connection I'll look at these.

Are there tests in the test suite that fail without these patches? Is it
possible to construct a test to show this behavior?

david