apr-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] cgi_exec_info_t: detached & addrspace fieldscombined
Date Sun, 27 Jun 2004 21:14:57 GMT
On Sun, 2004-06-27 at 20:06 +0100, David Reid wrote:
> Can someone clarify the status of this patch?
>
> I wasn't planning on including it in the 1.0 tarball as I don't see how we
> could test it in time and making an PAI at this late stage isn't a good idea
> is it?
>
> However, in a private reply Jean-Jacques stated that he hoped this to go
> into 2.0.51, which would imply it goes into our 0.9 tree. This is a little
> worrying as we'd then be in the situation whereby 0.9 had something that 1.0
> didn't...
>
> I'm tempted to say that this should ONLY be applied for 1.1 and upwards
> which would obviously mean that the httpd 2.0 tree wouldn't get the fix -
> can we all say not ideal?
>
> I'd be interested in hearing what people think.

Since you asked...

I think we should branch httpd 2.1 into 2.2, and make a new stable
branch. The focus Work on making an APR 1.1 with *any* API changes we
need, and at the same time push 2.1 towards a 2.2 branch.  Hopefully in
a month or two, release APR 1.1.0 and HTTPd 2.2.0 with the new APIs and
plenty of new features.

I believe this route has more advantages than trying to push such a
feature back into httpd 2.0.X

-Paul Querna