apr-dev mailing list archives

From "David Reid" <da...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: 1.0 progress
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:48:13 GMT
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 12:24:31AM +0100, David Reid wrote:
> > The proposed change to apr_initialise is presently veto'd by Greg,
though
> > there are a lot of +1's. I'm still hopeful Greg can explain his veto.
That
> > said there isn't a patch available yet, so I'm forced to say that this
is
> > bumped to 1.1, even though it could well be an api change. I'm guessing
it
> > could (possibly) be done by adding another function, so maybe we can
avoid
> > the change.
>
> Heh. I had no idea what this was about. Needed to go look it up. Here is
> my response/rationale for the veto:
>
>     dev@apr, Message-ID: <20020813180104.A12901@lyra.org>
>
>     http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apr-dev&m=102928661608249&w=2

Thanks Greg. That states your position nicely.

I see no reason why we can't have an additional functionality that could
provide what people wanted with that. Additional functionality is fine for
1.1, so this matter is bumped to 1.1 :-)

I suspect that the STATUS item should be reworked and another discussion had
about this in about 3 months (when the dust from 1.0 settles).

david