apr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "David Reid" <da...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: 1.0.rc1 tarballs
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:40:18 GMT
> David Reid wrote:
> > Well, while my original plan was to tag last night, then roll today, the
> > offer of beer was made last night so the roll didn't happen :-)
> >
> > However, there are now 2 tarballs available at
> > which I rolled in the last 30 minutes. They represent the initial
> > for apr 1.0 :-) I've not pgp's them as these are only rc's and I had a
> > questions about the way I rolled them (read on for details). The next
> > will be signed.
> >
> > I'll do apr-util shortly.
> >
> > NB NB NB these are designed to effectively "freeze" the api,
> "freeze" the api from incompatible changes, or "freeze" the api totally
> 1.0 is released?
> (I need to add a new cmdtype for apr_proc_create() to fix an Apache httpd
>   Should I wait or not?)

What do you need? If it's just another entry in an enum then I'm fine with
it going in.

> > I don't plan on announcing this tarball widely unless by early next week
> > nothing has been committed and no-one has told me how to roll a proper
> > tarball :-)
> what's the current plan?  gonna roll another one soonish which uses the
> script and integrates Joe's comments?

Found the script. Sorted out my gpg stuff. Aim is to wait a few days then
roll rc2 which will basically be (hopefully) the final rc.


View raw message