apr-dev mailing list archives

From "David Reid" <da...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] cgi_exec_info_t: detached & addrspacefieldscombined
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2004 08:39:40 GMT
>   The problem which I'm sure Jean-Jacques stated in his private email
> and has been discussed on the @apr and @httpd lists, is that if patch
> (log.c r1.145) is  ever back ported to the 2.0 branch (which is
> currently the plan), log rotation and CGIs will be broken on NetWare.
> This means that if you hold off on this patch for APR 1.1, it will still
> have to be back ported to 1.0 and 0.9.x anyway to prevent a regression
> in functionality on NetWare.  The bottom line is that APR just doesn't
> support the NetWare concept of a separate address space and the proposal
> that Jean-Jacques is making should allow for it without impacting other
> platforms or requiring a major MMN bump.

I'm not very comfortable rolling a 1.0 with this hanging where it presently
is. Your notion of back porting to 1.0 isn't exactly logical (taking 1.0 as
a release not an ongoing line of releases).

While I'm sure that the patch works fine for NetWare there has been some
dissent raised about whether it's the right way to address this issue
already - which was another reason why I'm not 100% convinced that the patch
should be applied for 1.0.

So, consider that 1.0 is stalled until this can be addressed :-(((((((((((((

Can someone look at adding a test that will allow the problem to be
identified and fixes evaluated as a matter of priority?

david