apr-dev mailing list archives

From "David Reid" <da...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject 1.0.rc1 tarballs
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:11:04 GMT
Well, while my original plan was to tag last night, then roll today, the
offer of beer was made last night so the roll didn't happen :-)

However, there are now 2 tarballs available at http://cvs.apache.org/~dreid/
which I rolled in the last 30 minutes. They represent the initial offering
for apr 1.0 :-) I've not pgp's them as these are only rc's and I had a few
questions about the way I rolled them (read on for details). The next ones
will be signed.

I'll do apr-util shortly.

NB NB NB these are designed to effectively "freeze" the api, and NOT the
code. If there are bugs then commit fixes as usual! Please. No, really,
commit the fixes.

I didn't see a script for doing a T&R, nor did I find any specific
instructions, so I basically did

- cvs check out
- run buildconf
- remove CVS and .cvsignore
- tar & compress

I'm sure there's more that should be done :-)

We also need an Announcements file I guess. Any wordsmith's out there care
to craft something?

I don't plan on announcing this tarball widely unless by early next week
nothing has been committed and no-one has told me how to roll a proper
tarball :-)

Enjoy the weekend!

david