apr-dev mailing list archives

From <...@rkbloom.net>
Subject Re: apr_shm_attach() and APR_EEXIST
Date Wed, 26 May 2004 10:41:03 GMT

This is a deficiency in our error reporting for apr_shm_foo.  Basically,
we always use the same error codes, regardless of the shm mechanism used.
In all likelyhood, your problem is that your system is using shmget under
the covers.  In that case, we don't use the filename that you pass in.
So, run ipcs and see if the shared memory segment that you are trying to
create does already exist.  It would be great if we could fix this so that
users got a useful error message in this case.

Ryan