apr-dev mailing list archives

From <...@rkbloom.net>
Subject Re: backspace in new test suite.
Date Sun, 23 May 2004 19:15:16 GMT

On Sun, 23 May 2004, Joe Orton wrote:

> On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 02:43:03PM -0400, rbb@rkbloom.net wrote:
> > Ok, \r isn't going to work either.  The problem seems to be when the
> > output is captured to a file, which is what I image emacs is doing.  I'm
> > going to keep hunting for a solution for this, but I am not convinced that
> > I will actually find one that is both portable and works for arbitrary
> > output streams (file and terminal).
>
> Other than saying "use the -q flag" and fixing that up, the only real
> "solution" to this is to use isatty() on fd 0 and never use terminal
> control characters if it returns zero, but it's tricky/undesirable to
> thread configure checks through to the test suite.  Adding a
> apr_file_isatty() would be nice I suppose...

yeah, but even adding apr_file_isatty wouldn't fix this.  Notice that
there are only two APR calls in the test suite currently, apr_initialize
and apr_terminate.  We can't rely on APR working for the test suite that
is supposed to validate APR works.

So, I will look into using isatty() and quietly setting -q.

What else would you like -q to do that it doesn't do already?

Ryan