apr-dev mailing list archives

From <...@rkbloom.net>
Subject Re: backspace in new test suite.
Date Sun, 23 May 2004 14:51:10 GMT

Hmmmmmm.....  Ok, so \b is really correct, and I would consider this a
configuration problem more than anything else.   \b is supposed to print a
backspace character, I believe that your emacs is getting confused,
because ctrl-H in emacs is the default help command.  So, \b just doesn't
look like it is portable enough.

But, have no fear, I have another solution, and it is likely to work
better anyway.  Later tonight or tomorrow (or sometime in the next week,
depending on if my wife goes into labor soon), I will re-work printing to
not use \b and instead use \r and re-print the whole line.  This should
also fix the annoying problem of the spinning bar ending up at the end of
the previous line after an error.

Ryan