apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: blocking bucket reads on non-blocking sockets
Date Fri, 14 May 2004 21:29:57 GMT
On Fri, 14 May 2004, Stas Bekman wrote:

> So, who changed that in 2.0.49? It worked just fine pre-2.0.48. The guilty
> party please stand up and explain. This change causes a serious breakage in
> the protocol handlers and filters on those affected platforms. I suppose apr
> doesn't have tests for that, and that's why the problem wasn't caught when it
> was introduced. Thanks.

The socket buckets (or any buckets that I know of) did not change between
2.0.48 and 2.0.49.  If they're broken now and weren't before, it's either
something else changed, or it really WAS broken before and we just didn't
notice.

It's certainly true that if apr_socket_recv() returns APR_EAGAIN, so will
socket_bucket_read().  But the block of code that does that has been that
way for as long as I can remember.  That doesn't necessarily make it
right.  :)

--Cliff