apr-dev mailing list archives

From Brent Gulanowski <bre...@magma.ca>
Subject building apr-util with db185 on Mac OS X
Date Wed, 26 May 2004 16:21:32 GMT
Hi.

First let me apologize for my ignorance of some related matters, such
as detailed workings of configure scripts and related tools.

I am working on a port of jxta-c (jxta-c.jxta.org) to Mac OS X. jxta-c
depends on apr-util, however it requires some customization: it needs
to be built with berkeley db 1.85. On Mac OS X, it seems that this
library has been rolled into libc. When trying to build apr-util with
db185 on Mac OS X, the configure script does not seem to look in libc.
Undoubtedly, the majority of builds of apr-util simply use the included
sdbm.

If someone could give me a clue as to how to get the apr-util build
scripts to look for db in libc, I would really appreciate it. I
apologize if this has been covered before. I will happily search the
archives given a technique to do so.

I really don't want to touch any of this and would rather the jxta-c
developers would do so, but it seems not to be a priority, so now I
have to do this and share whatever I find with them.

Thanks for listening,

--
Brent Gulanowski				brentg@magma.ca