apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ed Holyat <ehol...@OLF.COM>
Subject backspace in new test suite.
Date Thu, 20 May 2004 17:44:11 GMT

the new test suite uses a \b in it's output.  In my bash shell/emacs
environment, this produces some ugly output.

testatomic.c: |^H/^H-^H|^H\^H-^H|...etc

using the octal value \008 produces the desired effect.  I believe this is
shell independent and portable.

© 2004 OpenLink Financial

Copyright in this message and any attachments remains with us.  It is
confidential and may be legally privileged.   If this message is not
intended for you it must not be read, copied or used by you or
disclosed to anyone else.   Please advise the sender immediately if
you have received this message in error.

Although this message and any attachments are believed to be free of
any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into
which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the
recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility
is accepted by Open Link Financial, Inc. for any loss or damage in any
way arising from its use.