apr-dev mailing list archives

From Amit Athavale <amit_athav...@persistent.co.in>
Subject Re: apr_shm_attach() and APR_EEXIST
Date Mon, 31 May 2004 13:26:02 GMT
  Attached are revised patches (diff against HEAD and changes suggested
by Joe)

Regarding other platforms(beos, win32, os2), I have a simple question ;)
Do we need to implement apr_shm_remove ? (or just return APR_ENOTIMPL)

Frankly speaking I have very little knowledge about beos and os2.
Just looking at APIs, I don't think there should be case of orphan
segments and
if it is there, I didn't find a way to remove that segment just on the
basis of
filename like we do in shm_xxx API.

Win32 has same case AFAIK. You can call "OpenFileMapping", but there is
no way to *destroy* file mapping which was created by some other process
which has died.

Suggestions ?

Thanks
Amit