apr-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: apr_password_validate on win32 silently mishandles crypted hashes
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 04:35:25 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> At 09:05 PM 5/26/2004, Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>I've posted the following wording:
>>
>>/**
>>* Validate hashes created by APR-supported algorithms: md5 and base64.
>>* hashes created by crypt are supported only on platforms that provide
>>* crypt(3), so don't rely on that function unless you know that your
>>* application will be run only on platforms that support it.
>>* @param passwd The password to validate
>>* @param hash The password to validate against
>>*/
>>
>>Is that good enough?
>

> _Please_ use @bug to document any platform specific, unpredictable,
> or wildly incorrect behavior.  The days of /* XXX: */ should be long gone
> now that doxygen will tabulate all our problems for us :)

I beg your pardon, gentlemen. Would you be so kind to decide first between
yourself whether this is a bug or not? According to Ryan it's not a bug,
according to your comment above, Bill, it is.

Or may be there is a need for a new tag @platform or similar which will have
platform specific nuances, which aren't planned to be fixed and therefore
don't fall into the category of a bug?

Besides, I didn't have XXX in the proposed doc section.