apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Solaris 2.8 and apr_global_mutex... head of branch
Date Thu, 20 May 2004 22:16:01 GMT
Ed Holyat wrote:
> 	Is the apr_global_mutex.. api available for Solaris and Linux?

sure; APR won't build without selecting and calling some native system
primitive for that

> 	For me, the apr status is returning that apr_global_mutex_.. is not
> implemented on solaris2.8, redhat 2 and 3 enterprise.

What is the call to apr_global_mutex_...?

what does strace or truss of the program calling it show?

for Linux, is your setting (or un-setting) of LD_ASSUME_KERNEL environment
variable the same for apr configure time as at application run time?

	I am assuming that
> it should be, in which case, the problem is in buildconf or libtool version
> 1.5.6.

I don't see how libtool would affect that, but if you are suspicious it is easy
to try 1.4.3, which most(?) apr users use.