apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject unrecognized getnameinfo() bugs dealing with IPv4-mapped addresses
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 20:58:14 GMT
Previously we went through this mess on older Mac OS X (DNS queries only?)

I just realized that the glibc shipping with RHAS 2.1 and 3.0 (and surely many
other Linux distros) has a problem with getnameinfo() for IPv4-mapped address
for something defined in host file but not in DNS.

The configure check for this condition fails to note the problem because (at
least in my environments) the DNS has a mapping for 127.0.0.1->localhost.

Shall we just assume that the GETNAMEINFO_IPV4_MAPPED_FAILS logic can be used
on all platforms (incurring the minor overhead), instead of trying to be clever?