apr-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: blocking bucket reads on non-blocking sockets
Date Fri, 14 May 2004 19:37:21 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:
> The mod_perl test suite started failing on platforms where the
> c->client_socket is now left with O_NONBLOCK set.
>
> As I read it, the reason is that the socket bucket ->read function does
> not attempt to handle being called with APR_BLOCK_READ on a non-blocking
> socket (and can fail with EAGAIN etc in that case); whereas it does
> handle being called with APR_NONBLOCK_READ on a blocking socket.
>
> This seems a little counter-intuitive; is it by design, or is it a bug?

So, who changed that in 2.0.49? It worked just fine pre-2.0.48. The guilty
party please stand up and explain. This change causes a serious breakage in
the protocol handlers and filters on those affected platforms. I suppose apr
doesn't have tests for that, and that's why the problem wasn't caught when it
was introduced. Thanks.