apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <...@manyfish.co.uk>
Subject Re: Building apr on sinix mips
Date Sun, 23 May 2004 22:25:16 GMT
On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 02:44:51PM +0100, Martin J. Evans wrote:
> 1. cpp on sinix cannot process .h files.
>    This affects the line below in the top level makefile:

Can you file a bug on this one?

http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=APR&component=APR&version=HEAD

> 2. utimbuf not defined

That is fixed already for 0.9.5 and in the 0.9.5-snapshot included in
recent SVN tarballs AFAIK...

>    For Sinix, sys/types.h and utime.h are required for utime.
>
> Anyway, apr 0.9.4 builds and installs OK after that BUT now I find subversion
> needs 0.9.5 and I cannot find that on apr.apache.org (unless it is one of those
> snapshots). Any ideas?

I'd try and use the APR snapshot included in the SVN tarball since it's
more recent.

> Also, the configure caching mechanism for subversion 1.0.2 seems to fail with
> /dev/null is not a file. This is something to do with attempts to copy the
> configure cache down into the subversion dependencies and load it in the
> dependent configure. I think I've got around this (perhaps incorrectly) by
> deleting.

I'm a bit confused by this one: did you regenerate the configure script?
At least subversion-1.0.4/configure seems to cope with this correctly:

if test -r "$cache_file"; then
  # Some versions of bash will fail to source /dev/null (special
  # files actually), so we avoid doing that.
  if test -f "$cache_file"; then

not the text you included below?

> if test -r "$cache_file"; then
>   echo "loading cache $cache_file"