apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <...@manyfish.co.uk>
Subject Re: backspace in new test suite.
Date Sun, 23 May 2004 19:08:45 GMT
On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 02:43:03PM -0400, rbb@rkbloom.net wrote:
> Ok, \r isn't going to work either.  The problem seems to be when the
> output is captured to a file, which is what I image emacs is doing.  I'm
> going to keep hunting for a solution for this, but I am not convinced that
> I will actually find one that is both portable and works for arbitrary
> output streams (file and terminal).

Other than saying "use the -q flag" and fixing that up, the only real
"solution" to this is to use isatty() on fd 0 and never use terminal
control characters if it returns zero, but it's tricky/undesirable to
thread configure checks through to the test suite.  Adding a
apr_file_isatty() would be nice I suppose...

joe