apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <...@manyfish.co.uk>
Subject Re: rc and errno in apr api
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 11:07:29 GMT
On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 08:17:41PM -0700, Stas Bekman wrote:
> What I'm after is having APR API specify which apr functions have errno
> set, so one can rely on that and not do guessing which can change in the
> future.

Do you mean, such that errno is guaranteed to be equal to the
apr_status_t returned?  I don't think APR does/could/should give that
guarantee anywhere.

Yes, errno may be changed by any APR function as a side-effect, but not
in a predictable manner.  Even with the Unix apr_file_read() you may get
an apr_status_t returned which is different from errno if the mutex
unlock call fails, for example...

Regards,

joe