apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Mathihalli, Madhusudan" <mad...@hp.com>
Subject RE: apr_shm_attach() and APR_EEXIST
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 00:43:08 GMT

.. Interesting - we were working on this just last week.
With name-based shm, the file needs to be created only because ftok
needs it - once the shm is created, it's okay to delete the file.
As regards the shm itself, if we do a IPC_RMID soon after the
shmat(similar to anon-shm), the shm is marked for deletion soon after
all the processes detach.

-Madhu