apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Max Bowsher" <m...@ukf.net>
Subject Re: Threads are disabled on Cygwin? Known bug, or just not verified to work?
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 21:59:48 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:
> On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 02:04:55PM +0100, Max Bowsher wrote:
>> APR thread support is currently disabled for Cygwin.
>>
>> When enabled, it builds fine, and basic things built on top of it seem to
>> work OK.
>
> The acid test is usually whether an httpd built with the worker MPM
> works properly, have you tried that?

No, but I recently built httpd with prefork MPM, so I should be able to get a worker build
done OK.

Is there a stress test you can recommend, once I have done this?

>> Are threads disabled on Cygwin because of a known bug, or simply because no
>> one was sure Cygwin's pthreads were good enough?
>
> It was done on request from Stipe, it seems:
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/apr/configure.in#rev1.365

I found that commit, I was wondering whether anyone could elaborate.

I'll try building the worker-httpd, and see what results I get.

Max.