While patching sockopt.c, I should point out the need for the following case in the Win32 sockopt.c's apr_socket_opt_set routine:
    case APR_SO_SNDBUF:
        if (setsockopt(sock->socketdes, SOL_SOCKET, SO_SNDBUF, (void *)&on, sizeof(int)) == -1) {
            return apr_get_netos_error();
        }
        break;
Without it one cannot set the send buffer size on Windows, which leads to a performance penalty on Windows.

--
Jess Holle