apr-dev mailing list archives

From Wilfredo Sánchez <wsanc...@apple.com>
Subject Time for 1.0
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 20:01:24 GMT
   It looks like STATUS is stale.  It doesn't show 0.9.4 was tagged.
Can the fine person who tagged it update STATUS?

   In looking at the showstopper list, I see two API items:

     Timeout status codes aren't consistant across platforms
     apr_global_mutex_child_init and apr_proc_mutex_child_init aren't
portable

   I posit that these can wait for the next major version which, by the
way, doesn't have to be years away.  I also see:

     Flush out the test suite
     Eliminate the TODO's and XXX's

   These are nice-to-have's, not showstoppers, and can be worked on in
minor versions.

   What's left?

   We have release software (HTTPd, Subversion, ?) which builds from dev
versions of APR, and that's highly broken for many reasons.  I think
it's high time for a version 1 release.  There is always version 2 for
the important thing that didn't make it in version 1.

     -wsv