apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Y. J. Chun" <yjc...@mac.com>
Subject Debugging an application linked with apr
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 13:21:30 GMT
Hello list.
I'm new to APR so bare with me.

I'm developing a server and apr looked a good framework for my needs so
I used apr in my server application. It works fine. but I cannot debug
my application.

Of course my application is compiled with debug option enabled and when
i try to set breakpoints on my application, in gdb, it sets breakpoints
on wrong files, apr source files.
And breakpoints don't work at all or works but somewhere else.
Sometimes, when my program changed little bit and the breakpoints
work... just sometimes.

I have found when i configure apr library, -g option is always
included. so i tried to strip the library binary hoping it would help
but it didn't.
Anyone have an idea with this problem?

I am using Mac OSX 10.3.3 with gcc comes with Xtools.
I tested with both apr fink package and my own compiled binary.
Thanks.

--
Y. J. Chun <yjchun@mac.com>