apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: Several failed tests on win32
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2004 19:37:07 GMT
At 11:00 AM 4/22/2004, Ed Holyat wrote:
>I was wondering if any of these problems were being addressed?

Ed, all of us are capable of (and several of us do) building and running
the test suite, so the problems are not unknown.

Your analysis of the compare_uid logic was excellent and should
spawn some discussion (I have quite a few questions that your points
raised.)

If the code fixes haven't been committed, always feel free to add your
two cents... please do so(!) issue by issue, in separate postings please,
rather than a long list of such unrelated issues.

>Do these problems exist when using VS .NET?

AFAIK certainly, there are no fundamental differences in the API's we
invoke.  The only discrepancies would occur between 9x (ewww), NT4,
and NT5 (2000/XP).

As I and others come up with responses, reply by changing the subjects,
so that folks can chase the individual threads.

The way APR is developed follows the usual Apache foundation principal,
"show me the code."  Please always feel free to post a patch here for
discussion, and hopefully to have it committed to fix bugs you find, from
the test suite or your own apps and use.  We just ask that they are in
diff -u3 form, and that you follow spaces-instead-of-tabs and other fairly
evident conventions in code style.

And make the patches as small as possible (changing whitespace and
stuff like that only makes an easy-to-follow patch very hard to grok :-)

All of this is a long, round about way of saying thanks for spending
the time to look at a couple of these exceptions :)

Bill