apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: tagged 0.9.5 pre1
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 18:36:12 GMT
At 12:36 AM 3/15/2004, Cliff Woolley wrote:

>Let me know if you have specific things you want to see in 0.9.5 (that are
>doable in say a day's time... nothing more than that).

Ok, after playing in an entirely-seperate build of apr, apr-util, and finally
httpd, I came across something that disturbs me on Unix.

Greg modified to install into include/apr-0 some time ago.  Good in theory.

However, what are applications expected to do w.r.t. that include tree?
If they are installed systemwide in /usr/include/apr-0 or /usr/local/include/apr-0
then do we expect the user to be able to #include "apr-0/apr_foo.h"?

If we do, the current environment is borked.  Our individual include files
have their own #include "apr.h" and other sub-includes, which are altogether
broken if the user follows the #include "apr-0/apr_foo.h" model.

Comments, observations, thoughts?

Bill