apr-dev mailing list archives

From Sumeet Singh <sumeet.si...@openwave.com>
Subject apr_tables
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 01:36:36 GMT
Hi,
    In my use-case I am dealing with multiple headers with the same key
(e.g. Cookie), and need to modify or remove a specific header based on
its key and value (e.g. remove a certain cookie header while leaving the
rest in). There is no api in apr_tables that would allow me to remove a
given header instance. apr_table_unset will remove all cookies. And I
can't have my code remove a header from the apr_array_table_t array
because that will render the internal hash index incorrect. Secondly,
eventhough I can modify the value of a specific header by iterating over
the apr_array_header_t, that would be inefficient because I wouldn't be
able to use the internal index_first and index_last values. Therefore I
have written three functions (patch files attached) and am hoping that
the powers-that-be will be willing to review and roll them into the APR
codeline.

1) apr_table_set_one (apr_table_t *t, const char *key, const char
*oldVal, const char *newVal)
    replaces value of header "key" and value "oldVal" with value
"newVal". If "oldVal" is null, then the first occurance of the header is
replaces (this is an optimization for situations where we know that only
one header exists and don't care about its current value). If the header
is not found, then it behaves like apr_table_add.

2) apr_table_setn_one(apr_table_t *t, const char *key, const char
*oldVal, const char *newVal)
    Same as apr_table_set_one exept that it doesn't make a copy of key
and newVal.

3) apr_table_unset_one(apr_table_t *t, const char *key, const char
*oldVal, const char *newVal)
    Unsets header "key" with value "oldVal". If "oldVal" is null, then
the first instance of the header (only) is unset (this is an
optimization for situations where we know that only one header exists
and don't care about its current value).

-regards,