apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Time for 1.0
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2004 17:35:44 GMT
--On Friday, April 2, 2004 10:07 PM +0100 Joe Orton <joe@manyfish.co.uk> wrote:

> which is committed to a stable API and ABI.  I don't see what's broken
> about that.  Releasing APR 1.0 today does not solve any problems:

Sure it does - we can stop being constipated about the fact that we aren't 1.0
and start enforcing our version rules.  We *need* APR 1.0 out before we can
even discuss doing a httpd 2.2 release - which I really would like to start
considering soon.  It's too late for httpd 2.0 and Subversion 1.0 though.
Let's try not to hurt ourselves anymore by being stupid and clinging to the
fact that 1.0 must be perfect.

+1 for making whatever is living in HEAD as 1.0.  -- justin