apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: expat libtool fun
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2004 19:26:01 GMT
On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 08:12:17PM +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:
> Attached is what I had to do for a successful httpd build with a very
> recent cvs libtool.

Great, thanks Patrick.  It will need to use

ifdef(m4_pattern_allow, [...])

to surround the use of m4_pattern_allow, since that's a GNU m4 macro,
and APR supports versions of autoconf which don't require GNU m4.

> I think we could get rid of the rest of the use aclocal.m4 in
> xml/expat/buildconf.sh, and maybe we want to do the same dance of
> moving the *.m4 files into build/ in xml/expat as is done in apr/ ?
>
> The m4_pattern_allow in configure.in are just needed because libtool
> now reserves all variables beginning LT_, so we could simply rename
> them instead.

OK, then LT_VERSION should be renamed, but LT_LDFLAGS is exposed so
probably best to leave that one.  Looks good otherwise.

Regards,

joe