apr-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Welche <pr...@newn.cam.ac.uk>
Subject Re: expat libtool fun
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2004 19:12:17 GMT
On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 08:31:16AM +0100, Joe Orton wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 24, 2004 at 08:38:01PM +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:
> > Libtool is busily sprouting files.. Before just making a loop for all these
> > files, srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/buildconf.sh has
> >
> >   if [ -f ltsugar.m4 ]; then
> >     echo "Incorporating ltsugar.m4 into aclocal.m4 ..."
> >     cat ltsugar.m4 >> aclocal.m4
> >   fi
> Or even simpler, just add "sinclude(ltsugar.m4)" to aclocal.m4
> regardless of whether it exists or not.  What are the new files libtool
> has sprouted?

Attached is what I had to do for a successful httpd build with a very
recent cvs libtool.

I think we could get rid of the rest of the use aclocal.m4 in
xml/expat/buildconf.sh, and maybe we want to do the same dance of
moving the *.m4 files into build/ in xml/expat as is done in apr/ ?

The m4_pattern_allow in configure.in are just needed because libtool
now reserves all variables beginning LT_, so we could simply rename
them instead.

I haven't tested with an old libtool!

Cheers,

Patrick