apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: to the non-committer folks in our communities...
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 18:38:29 GMT
On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> Sometimes people report bugs and/or post patches on these lists and for
> whatever reason they are never properly addressed.  Discussion on the list is
> great, but it is all too easy for the e-mails move out of sight.  The mail
> arrives all too quickly.  The best action you can take to avoid the bit bucket
> for your bug reports and patches is to open a problem report at
> http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/.  If a patch is associated with it, once you
> create the bug report go back to the report to attach the patch and add
> "PatchAvailable" to the keywords field.

Jeff, thanks for that.  Having seen a couple of patches fall into a
black hole - and one recently get committed - it had been in the back
of my mind to ask about attaching patches to a bug report.  Now you've
answered for me, I'll do that in future.

Perhaps that should go into the developer docs?

--
Nick Kew