apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: apr_strfsize SI prefix for kilo
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 05:37:15 GMT
"Based on the new definitions, the SI prefixes, k, M, and G, are back to their original meaning
of 1,000, 1,000,000, and 1,000,000,000, respectively. The commonly known binary prefixes are
written as Ki, Mi, and Gi and pronounced as kibi, mebi, and gibi, respectively."

I believe that is 2^10, so no.

At 07:52 PM 3/25/2004, Carl Edwards wrote:
>I know it is a minor thing but shouldn't the character
>used to represent kilo in apr_strfsize be lowercase?
>I think K is the unit symbol for kelvin.
>I only noticed because I use the SSI fsize directive
>and wanted it consistent with the rest of my site.
>An easy way to see this is a directory index generated
>by apache.
>BTW Apache 1.3 had it this way.
>-Carl Edwards

View raw message