apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util/xlate xlate.c
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 12:05:22 GMT
jorton@apache.org wrote:
> jorton      2004/03/30 01:58:22
>
>   Modified:    xlate    xlate.c
>   Log:
>   * xlate/xlate.c (check_sbcs): Remove function which made unsafe
>   assumptions (a theoretical issue), and was buggy in not resetting the
>   iconv handle on failure (the cause of at least one real issue).
>   (apr_xlate_open): Updated caller.

there is some additional work to be done with this...  I have a patch to yank
apr_xlate_sb_get() and modify the various apr-util callers of it, but probably
won't get it committed until tonight or tomorrow a.m....

apr-util 0.9 will mark the apr_xlate_sb_get() API deprecated, and of course
your fix to reset the iconv handle on failure needs to be in 0.9

additionally, the single-byte conversion routines need to be reworked to not
depend on the sbcs table, which now is purely an identity table which is used
when the to and from charsets are the same

but then the identity table use, which was implemented to piggyback on the sbcs
"optimization," should be replaced with memcpy() ;)