apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: to the non-committer folks in our communities...
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 19:05:03 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>

>>Sometimes people report bugs and/or post patches on these lists and for
>>whatever reason they are never properly addressed.  Discussion on the list is
>>great, but it is all too easy for the e-mails move out of sight.  The mail
>>arrives all too quickly.  The best action you can take to avoid the bit bucket
>>for your bug reports and patches is to open a problem report at
>>http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/.  If a patch is associated with it, once you
>>create the bug report go back to the report to attach the patch and add
>>"PatchAvailable" to the keywords field.
>

> Jeff, thanks for that.  Having seen a couple of patches fall into a
> black hole - and one recently get committed - it had been in the back
> of my mind to ask about attaching patches to a bug report.  Now you've
> answered for me, I'll do that in future.
>
> Perhaps that should go into the developer docs?

sounds reasonable to me ;)

if you start at

* httpd.apache.org
   click on "Developer Info" under Get Involved
   click on "code patches" under Feedback and contributions
   the section "Submitting your Patches" mentions this very problem

but from

* apr.apache.org
   click on "Contributing" under Guidelines to get to information on patches
   but the "Submitting your Patches" section does not suggest creating a
   bugzilla PR to make sure it is noticed

Any folks mind if I update the APR "Submitting your Patches" section to use
text similar to that at

http://httpd.apache.org/dev/patches.html

???