apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject to the non-committer folks in our communities...
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:47:05 GMT
Sometimes people report bugs and/or post patches on these lists and for
whatever reason they are never properly addressed.  Discussion on the list is
great, but it is all too easy for the e-mails move out of sight.  The mail
arrives all too quickly.  The best action you can take to avoid the bit bucket
for your bug reports and patches is to open a problem report at
http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/.  If a patch is associated with it, once you
create the bug report go back to the report to attach the patch and add
"PatchAvailable" to the keywords field.

(Maybe a more eloquent version of this message needs to be automagically posted
every couple of weeks?

I've had the recent "opportunity" to re-debug a problem which is in every
Apache since 1.3.2.  Once you know what to google for, you can find posts over
the ages describing the problem.  Even a patch.  But never finally fixed and no
entry in bugzilla for 1.3.x or 2.0.x.)