apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Move APR to the subversion repository
Date Sun, 14 Mar 2004 23:08:46 GMT
Guenter Knauf wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 07:25:49PM +0100, Sander Striker wrote:
>>
>>>I hereby would like to propose that we move APR to the Subversion
>>>repository at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/.
>

>>-1
>

>>I'm against immediate adoption of SVN for purely community-based
>>reasons, but not for technical reasons. I believe that switching to SVN
>>will raise the bar to entry for new contributors, and I think we
>
> sorry, but I cant get this.
> For what is it good for that I'm familiar with CVS, have it on my machine,
 > and am able to contribute patches, if I'm not able to commit them, and
 >my posts get mostly ignored (as with many other posts too) because either
 >the commiters have no time for review or no time for commiting???

FYI...   if you want your patches to stick out like a sore thumb until they are
committed, submit a PR for them at http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/index.html
and specify the PatchAvailable keyword...  it is all too easy for patches
submitted via the mailing list to scroll off the top of the screen as more and
more mail arrives...

certainly the work has to be done to address patches, but at least putting them
there makes it easy for developers to concentrate on them when they have time