apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Move APR to the subversion repository
Date Sat, 13 Mar 2004 05:08:46 GMT
--On Friday, March 12, 2004 7:25 PM +0100 Sander Striker <striker@apache.org>
wrote:

> I hereby would like to propose that we move APR to the Subversion
> repository at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/.  Subversion had a
> 1.0 release februari 23rd.  Binaries are available for various
> platforms.  Given that it is built on top of APR, it shouldn't
> be a problem to build it on the platforms where no binaries
> are available yet.

+1.  The only other point I'd add is we'll still have 4x-daily source
snapshots available for those without the requisite tools.

As for timing, I would suggest making APR 1.0 official first, then switching
over to Subversion shortly after.  But, let's please get APR 1.0 out the door
first.  It's overdue enough.  =)  -- justin