apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Marc M. Adkins" <Softw...@Doorways.org>
Subject Re: recursive apr_thread_rwlock_wrlock?
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 22:22:20 GMT
On Monday 29 March 2004 01:16 am, Joe Orton wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 04:57:53PM -0500, Marc M. Adkins wrote:
> > Is it possible that apr_thread_rwlock_wrlock will allow recursive
> > behavior on Windows but not on Linux?  By this I mean that a specific
> > thread will request a write lock and then request the same write lock
> > again, intending to release it twice on the way out:
>
> Yes, that gives undefined behaviour in a POSIX implementation,
> apr_thread_rwlock.h on HEAD says:

I am apparently not using anything close to the HEAD.  I downloaded the
'latest' Apache since I needed both that and APR...figured that would be good
enough...I could just link in the APR that came with Apache.  Perhaps an
oversight.  Easy to correct (and...done).  So at least I can read the _right_
comments, eh?

Before pinging the mailing list I had also checked:

	http://apr.apache.org/docs/apr/group__apr__thread__rwlock.html

'Course that page was apparently generated 2003/06/25, so no HEAD there
either.

thx,
mma